Shimano Saragosa SW A Description:
A true glutton for punishment, the legacy of the versatile Saragosa SW A starts a new chapter in 2020 with enhanced capabilities and features to dominate the saltwater realm. The Saragosa SW A now features Infinity Drive Technology and increases the reel’s winding torque under load compared to its predecessor to give anglers a distinct advantage over hard fighting game fish. Combined with a battle-tested rigid HAGANE Body that won’t flex under immense loads and the HAGANE Gear to create eternally smooth reeling, the capabilities of the Saragosa SW A make it a thoroughbred workhorse among saltwater spinning reels. Benefiting from an IPX8-rated waterproof body, Saragosa SW also features a waterproof Cross Carbon drag and X-Protect for high-level water resistance to create long-lasting durability without sacrificing performance. No matter whether anglers are fishing inshore or offshore, jigging for bottom fish or casting baits at tailing fish, they can count on — just like they always have — the Saragosa SW to stay smooth no matter the conditions and perform when needed most. The bar is raised for saltwater spinning reels.
- Two New Sizes for 2020: SW14000 and SW18000
- Infinity Drive – Infinity Drive is a new main shaft supporting structure that improves winding torque and allows for incredibly smooth and light rotation. This means anglers will benefit from the quick line retrieve of a HG ratio reel while also having the power and winding torque similar to that of a PG ratio reel.
- X-Protect -X-Protect provides high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation. By combining Shimano’s water-repellent coating with a water-channeling labyrinth construction, X-Protect provides added durability in tough conditions.
- IPX8 Waterproof Body
- HAGANE Gear -The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body rigidity and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing on the reel while fighting fish. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power, increasing efficiency through strength.
- Cross Carbon Drag –The Cross Carbon Drag material provides a wider range of drag settings compared to traditional drag materials. The Cross Carbon Drag provides the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever while providing anglers with increased durability.
- Propulsion Line Management System – The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion Spool Lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations, Shimano’s new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while also preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- X-Ship- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This allows the gears to stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit of X-Ship technology is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This further benefits anglers with enhanced casting performance and casting distance of lighter lures.
- One-Piece Bail- One-Piece Bail allows the line to travel unimpeded to the line roller. The seamless design reduces friction and decreases the chance of tangles or the line catching on the bail arm.
- S A-RB – S A-RB bearings are put through the same process as Shimano’s A-RB bearings but feature shields on both sides of the bearings. These shields reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting rotation of the bearing.
- HAGANE Body – The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body rigidity and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing on the reel while fighting fish. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power, increasing efficiency through strength.
- Waterproof Drag – With the use of rubber gaskets the drag is sealed against intrusion of the elements such as water and dust.
- X-Shield- By providing dependable sealing structures and gaskets at 12 critical locations throughout the reel body, Shimano is able to create a water-resistant structure that is highly reliable and durable while ensuring that it can hold up when used in extreme saltwater conditions.
- X-Tough Drag- X-Tough Drag features dramatically enhanced smoothness, control and toughness to anticipate the vigorous speed of bluefin tuna and giant trevally. X-Tough Drag further improves heat resistance and durability with construction that incorporates metal-only drag washers and abrasion-resistant carbon washers as well increased stability by supporting the spool from both the top and bottom.
For tackling anything from inshore Bass and Blues to offshore Bluefin and Yellowfin the Saragosa is an absolute workhorse at a reasonable price. The 10k Saragosa was one of the most popular spinning reels for jigging tuna when paired with a Shimano Grappler Type J or a Centaur Combat Arm it proved absolutely lethal. The new 14k size will pair nicely with the Grappler Type C, a Centaur Chiron Inshore Game or a Centaur Combat Arm with a 6.5″ white Madd Mantis popper for the most deadly popping setup for tuna.
For more information on this Shimano spinning reel and other Shimano spinning reels click Here.
For more videos about Northeast fishing from Trophy Tackle click Here.