LT Marine 2PC Commercial Harpoon is a throwing or cockpit harpoon. Made from 1" T6061 hard anodized aluminium. The all stainless steel head weighs 1.0 pounds. The overall weight of the harpoon is 7 pounds. A stainless steel eye bolt allows for the attachment of a retrieval line for throwing the harpoon.
- The 8' one and two piece models weigh 7 lbs. With the dart shaft removed the one piece harpoon measures in at 6.5 feet and can be stored in a gunwale rod holder.
- The 8' and 10' two piece units come standard with a storage bag.
- The 8' and 10' two piece models are true two piece design. The head, end cap, and coupler are permanently attached and sealed with o rings to prevent water intrusion and corrosion in a saltwater environment.
- 2 lb head made from marine grade 316 Stainless Steel, with recessed threads to prevent stuck dart shafts and striped threads for the when big fish roll over.
- The handle is 1" Diameter 6061-T6 aluminum with a rough textured non slip grip to aid in handling/throwing. Diamond hard Mil-A-8625 Type 3 hard coat anodized finish to prevent corrosion.
- 7/16" diameter dart shaft made from marine grade 316 stainless steel measuring 18" long. Turned down to accept traditional 3/8 bronze harpoon darts. Come with our harpoon dart retention system designed by Laurel Tool & Engineering Co., Inc, which keeps the harpoon dart from inadvertently sliding off the dart shaft if you get slack in the harpoon dart line.
- End cap made from marine grade 316 stainless steel with Stainless Steel with Eye-bolt for rigging.
- The harpoon comes rigged with a traditional bronze tuna dart available rigged with Dyneema Rope, or vinyl coated stainless steel cable with nicopress crimps.
- 100% Made in the USA with a Lifetime Warranty against material and workmanship defects.
The harpoon also features the Skurge of the Sea dart retention system. L.T. Marine solved this age old problem of darts fitting loosely and falling off dart shaft with our Patent Pending Harpoon Dart Retention system. The Harpoon Dart Retention System keeps the harpoon dart fixed to the harpoon dart shaft and prevents the harpoon dart from accidentally falling off the shaft under all circumstances. The system incorporates wear and environmental resistant o-rings, and a specially machined dart shaft. As the harpoon dart engages the dart shaft, the O-rings on the shaft engage the internal bore in the harpoon dart. The engagement is firm enough to prevent inadvertent release of the dart and fragile enough to allow disengagement of the dart from the shaft after the harpoon dart has engaged a fish.
All two piece commercial harpoons come with a nylon/mesh storage bag. LT Marine 2PC Commercial Harpoon include a dart as well.
This is the ultimate end game tool. If you are fishing for Swordfish, Giant Bluefin Tuna and Bigeye Tuna the LT Marine 2 piece harpoon gets the job done.